In operation since 2000, TheDuchy is one of the oldest and friendliest places on the web to learn about rope bondage. It was created for the sheer joy of sharing this fun and exciting hobby, and that joy continues to be our driving force.
Bondage is the activity of restraining people for mutual erotic pleasure. Tying someone up, or locking them in chains, cuffs, collars, or more esoteric forms of restraint, is a significant turn-on for many people. It is also the “B” in “BDSM” – Bondage & Domination/Dominance & Submission/Sadism & Masochism. In 2015, a group of researchers led by Christian Joyal surveyed over 1,500 adults about their sexual fantasies. Over 64% of women and 53% of men reported fantasizing about being sexually dominated. Conversely, over 46% of women and 59% of men had fantasies about sexually dominating someone else.
It is clearly a widespread interest, and recent popular culture has begun to take note. Movies, television shows, and music videos all feature BDSM themes, revealing an awakening to this side of sexuality. Perhaps it you saw the Netflix show Sex Education, Bonding or Love & Leashes, or read/watched 50 Shades of Grey or watched almost any action cartoon made in the 80s. If you have ever found yourself unusually interested when a movie showed someone tied up or locked in a cell, you probably know a bit about this already 😉
Who are we?
My name is Lazarus Redmayne® and I run this site and create all the tutorials. I get editorial help from Alexa, and operational help and inspiration from Kaysea. We work with several models, but some of the tutorials are done with a posable mannequin as well.
I love this stuff and routinely teach at live events as well. If you would like us to come teach any of this material live, I’d be happy to talk. Feel free to contact me to discuss.
How do you pronounce the site’s name?
People keep asking how to pronounce the name of this site! Phonetically, it is “the dutch-ee”. A duchy is the name for the lands controlled by a Duke or Duchess, who were the highest level of nobility under the Royal family line. For years, this site was much more castle- and dungeon-themed, with all the accompanying fun graphical elements. However, this site is always growing and evolving. A few years ago, we retired the castle theme and shifted to the cleaner, more modern aesthetic you see today.
What do we offer?
- We have tutorials for everyone, from beginners through experienced players. Check out the current full list.
- If you become a Member, you can help guide where we go next by voting on the next tutorial and even suggesting what should be added to the vote!
- Even if you don’t want to be a Member, you can still participate for free! Register and you can comment or ask questions (registration helps fight spam and abuse).
- © Some people have been copying our content and posting it as their own without permission (illegal) or a link back to this site (totally not cool), so all pictures are now watermarked. We don’t mind if you post one of our pictures, but be respectful of our time and effort and provide a link back. More on this in the Terms & Conditions.
- We don’t provide the history on every tie – many of them are general knowledge and the origins are lost to history – but we do include that detail when it’s known. If you happen to know who developed a particular tie, please let us know! We will add that information and credit you for the find.