You don’t need to be a paying member to learn lots of great stuff! These free courses contain everything you need to begin having rich and fulfilling rope adventures!
Context, planning, risk management and safety:
- Understanding BDSM and “The Scene” in general
Am I normal? (Yes!), Are there others like me (Yes. Many!), How can I find them?, Is it safe to do so? What is “The Scene” really like? What are the expectations?
What it is, what it is not, what is a consent violation, what is not, and how to handle one should it occur.
- A Framework for Negotiating and Planning a Successful BDSM Encounter/Scene – Finding a partner, vetting them, negotiation, planning, risk & safety, setting up & conducting a scene, aftercare, and emotional processing after a scene.
- Scene Negotiation & Planning
Including detailed safety & risk management, Common Risks When Using Rope and Nerves & Circulation
- Scene Negotiation and Planning Tools like
- Suspension Preparation and Safety Planning
Foundations of Rope Bondage (a.k.a. Rope 101 & Rope 102)
Foundations of Rope Bondage is a series of over 35 tutorials that start from the ground and help you build all the skills you need for a solid understand of core rope bondage. Some people have a happy life of rope-filled adventures using only this material!
- Understanding the BDSM Scene, Negotiation, Safety, Risk Management & Finding a Local Mentor
- Rope itself – Choosing rope, creating your rope kit, handling rope, coiling and storing rope.
- The 4 Fundamental Knots
- Core Single Column Ties – several techniques for creating a rope “cuff” with a lead that can be attached to something else
- Core Double Column Ties – Wrist-to-wrists, ankle-ankle, ankle-thigh, wrist-thigh, wrist-ankle, elbow-elbow, …the list goes on…
- Building Blocks – A few core techniques that will allow you to do so much more! Including extending rope if you need more and using up rope if you have too much.
- A few Core Harnesses – Shinju, Pentagram Harness, Unchastity Belt and more!
Free Instructor Resources
Instructors are welcome to use TheDuchy as a reference and resource for classes they teach. We provide pre-created lesson outlines and downloadable resources that may be helpful.
Library of Free Content
The above list is in a curated order. If you start at the top and work down, everything will build on things before.
If you would prefer to jump to a particular topic, here is a full list of our free content: